Thursday, November 15, 2012

New Clothes!!!

I went shopping! I knew I would need to invest in some gear, but somehow clothing didn't cross my mind.  So, maybe I will need to spend a little more on this venture than I thought I would.  I had put "running gear" on my Christmas list, but well...  I needed it a little sooner. 


I got two tanks for my aerobics/strength training class on Saturday mornings, two long sleeved base layers, one mid layer that could be a jacket on warmer days, one outer shell for windy days, a base layer pants (like long underwear), a new pair of outer pants and a pair of gloves. Most things were on sale, so I averaged about $10 a garment (more for the jackets). I'm pretty excited about all that.

I am realizing it would be a lot cheaper to just go the running route and not do a triathlon, but then I wouldn't get to swim!!!

Here I am in my older gear. I was getting ready for my second run and my first interval training. You can see I'm wearing a Moxy Monitor and watch. The devise is worn next to the skin, seen here on the outer leg muscle. I know the name, I just can't spell it. It works really well under compression shorts, but since it is cold out now, I positioned the monitor under my pants and then careful not to move it too much, I wrapped the Moxy cuff on the outside of my pants.  It doesn't have to be tight, so once positioned, I didn't really notice it was there.

Off for interval training.  It was a simple 60 sec. run 90 sec. walk.  Remember I'm a beginner here. It was interesting to see my SmO2 readings valley and peak with my work and recovery but I am totally limited by cardio right now so for now I'm just seeing what I get rather than using the numbers to guide training.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment